Wait List Instructions for HDFS / Other HCD Courses
Please read carefully and follow the steps below to be added to the wait list for a course.
- Wait lists for HDFS/HCD classes will be opened at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 15. At that time, if you have been unable to register for a class because it is closed, reserved or restricted, please send an e-mail message to HCD-General@mx.uillinois.edu. Your e-mail message must originate from your UIUC e-mail account (email@example.com).
- Messages that arrive before April 15 will be automatically discarded. You will not be added to a wait list if you send your request prior to April 15.
- The subject line of your request must say “Wait list for HDFS XXX” , etc. Do not include the quotation marks in your subject line, and replace the three X’s with the number of the course you are interested in. If the course has multiple discussion (or lecture-discussion) sections, include the section designator of the discussion section you’re interested in. Example: Wait list for HDFS 105, section ADC. The subject line should include no additional information or punctuation. If you misspell or incorrectly punctuate your subject line, your request will be automatically discarded; note that "wait list" is two words, and that a course's subject and number are separated by a space (e.g., HDFS 105, not HDFS105).
- Include in the body of your message your full name, UIN, e-mail address, major, and class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or grad student). Your message should include no additional information.
- Only one class request will be allowed per e-mail message. For courses requiring multiple CRNs -- e.g., for a lecture and for a discussion section, as in HDFS 105, HDFS 120, and HDFS 220 -- submit your request for the discussion section only. If you wish to be on the wait list for more than one discussion section of HDFS 105, HDFS 120 or HDFS 220, you must submit a separate request for each section. If you wish to be on the wait list for more than one class -- e.g., HDFS 208 and HDFS 301 -- you must submit a separate request for each one.
- We will not acknowledge any wait list requests, whether submitted correctly or incorrectly. So please be sure your request is formatted correctly according to the instructions above. Please do not request confirmation that your message was correctly submitted.
- Incorrectly submitted requests or requests received before the start date published above will be discarded, unanswered and unacknowledged.
- We will not provide information regarding your position on the wait list.
- According to the policy of our department, the ONLY wait list requests that we will honor are those e-mailed to HCD-General@mx.uillinois.edu. No other forms of communication (in person, via telephone, e-mail to instructors or staff, etc.) for a spot on a wait list will be honored.
- If a place in a class becomes available for you, you will receive an e-mail message from HCD-General@mx.uillinois.edu with specific instructions for adding the class to your schedule. Do not attend the class unless you have successfully added it to your schedule.
- Wait lists will be maintained until August 26, the first day of classes for the Fall 2013 semester. After August 26, all wait lists will be purged. If by then you have not received instructions for registering for the class you requested, there is no place available for you in the class.
Placing your name on a wait list does not guarantee you a place in a class. Please do not attend any HDFS, HCD, or RSOC class until you have successfully added the class to your schedule.